Facial Remodelling - Get a sharper face in minutes!
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas! Hope everyone is looking radiant and having a bubbly celebration
I’ve actually been feeling like an anti aging Santarina for the last 6 months- bestowing anti aging and laser treatments on friends and readers of my website, ReviewAntiAging.com. I love to see how happy they are after their treatments and it makes my job very fulfilling.
I only started looking after my skin in my late 20s. Before that, I used to abuse it by applying dark tanning oil and baking in the sun for hours every weekend. Fortunately, I was able to reverse the damage and I’m happy to say that I still get mistaken for a 20-something (even though I’m in my 30s) and people often compliment me on my skin.
Here’s some of my tried-and-tested methods:
1. Drink a glass of warm water with a slice of lemon first thing in the morning. This detoxifies your system and apparently helps with weight loss too!
2. Quitting smoking and starting on an exercise programme! Exercising encourages blood circulation. Poor circulation restricts the blood and oxygen flow and reduces the nutrients your skin is getting. I strive to run, do Pilates and swim every week.
3. Scrub daily with a gentle exfoliater to encourage renewal of skin cells. I used to do dry body brushing once a week to improve circulation but became lazy…
4. Use a sunblock of at least SPF 30 – I like La Roche Posay which is available at Guardian. Just bought Shiseido’s Anessa range to try.
5. Eat more vegetables and fruits, and less meat. I try to eat organic food to reduce chemicals and also not consume processed food like snacks, etc. Too much processed food clogs up your system, resulting in dull skin.
6. Taking flaxseed which contains Vit B and Omega 3 for glossy hair, strong nails and younger looking skin. I sprinkle it into my cereal or onto my peanut butter toast. It is crunchy and has a nutty flavout.
7. I’ve also been doing laser treatments for the last few months and I have to say that its given my skin a youthful pinkish glow and my complexion is more even!
Like they say, there are no ugly women, just LAZY ones! What is your anti aging routine?
Non-invasive aesthetic treatments are becoming more popular and Sculptra is the latest anti aging treatment generating lots of buzz in the market. Made up of poly-L-lactic acid and delivered underneath the skin via injections, Sculptra is a collagen stimulator that will encourage your own collagen to grow.
It is especially good for hollowed out areas of the face due to aging like sunken temples, tear troughs (area under the eyes), droopy cheeks and deep nasolabial folds around the mouth. Patients will gradually look more rejuvenated with plumped up firmness one month after treatment and results will peak at around three months. Unlike fillers which is immediate, Sculptra works gradually to restore what has been lost and once your treatment plan is complete, results can last for up to 2 years.
Here are some pictures of a Sculptra workshop I attended this afternoon organised by the Anti Aging & Aesthetics Medicine Society Of Singapore:
Sculptra-filled needles lined up & ready to go!
Patient getting Sculptra injected into his sunken tear trough by Dr Jonathan Lee
The most important part - massaging Sculptra to distribute it all over the face
Dr Roy Chio using Sculptra for his patient
Anti Aging & Aesthetics Medicine Society Of Singapore and their patients for Sculptra
For more information about this anti aging treatment, visit my website ReviewAntiAging.com here:
Last evening, I attended a Facial Remodelling workshop organised by facial remodelling expert, Dr Z. Facial remodelling is a procedure whereby you use Botox ® and a filler like Juvederm ® to enhance facial features. For example, Botox ® is used to contour the jaw line and slim down the face and Juvederm ® is used to create a nose bridge, cheekbones and even a sharper chin!
This is the latest facial enhancement procedure that is gaining popularity as it is non-invasive and has no downtime. In fact, Dr Z says that it has been referred to as the “Friday Party Nose” as you can literally get a sharper nose in minutes and then head out to a party!
The only downside is that is it not permanent. Botox ® can last for about 4 months (the more often you do it, the longer its effects apparently) while fillers can last from 4 to 18 months (shorter for smokers, great reason to quit!). It costs from $200 for jawline up to $3,000 for a full face procedure.
Well, I kinda like that it is not permanent as I would like to be able to modify my features to suit my face as I age (argh! hate that word). I also like the fact that I don’t have to go under the knife and that it is quite painless. Fillers are also made from hylauronic acid, which is a substance that is already found in our body, so it is natural. Enough talking, I’ll let the pictures do the talking below:
The charming Dr Z explaining his facial remodelling treatment
Attendees taking notes
Volunteer A gets a higher nose bridge
A after - Botox for jawline which takes about 2 weeks to show, fillers for nosebridge and chin
Volunteer C also getting a nosebridge
Volunteer C after - nosebridge filler and Botox for jawline