Held at The Fairmont Hotel, it started with the launch of Sculptura – a natural collagen stimulator. I saw pretty amazing results, especially of a 63-year-old lady who looks 50! What I learnt from the introduction talk by Dr Priya Sen, a consultant dermatologist at The Singapore National Skin Centre:
How we age depends on these 4 factors:
- Genetics – look at your mom to see how you will age
- Gender – men age faster than women
- Race – Caucasians age faster than Asians
- Environment – stress, smoking, sun, etc
Difference between how Caucasians and Asians age:
- Caucasians have more wrinkles
- Asians have more pigmentation and saggy skin
- Caucasians age 10 years earlier than Asians
The moral of the story taken from the talk: It is easier to maintain good skin than restore bad skin (that’s why I have started my laser treatments now!).
I’m really excited about all the products and machines I saw at The Aesthetics Asia Exhibition and Congress – it was truly eye-opening and over the next few months, I will be picking the best of what I saw at the convention and sharing them on ReviewAntiAging.com. Look out for it!