I often hear from my readers that they think that aesthetic treatments are too expensive or only relegated to tai-tais. That is just a myth as prices are really competitive now (check out this amazing promotion and my review!) and people from all walks of life are discovering the benefits of aesthetic treatments (look out for my interview next Friday in IS magazine!).
One example is Shirleen Ho, a digital traffic manager and beauty blogger at Womenlovebeauty.com who has been doing aesthetic treatments for the last eight years. Shirleen is also 42 years old! Doesn’t she look much younger? Aesthetic treatments must really be working well for her! Here, she shares her experiences with her aesthetic treatments:
1. When did you start doing aesthetic treatments?
- Eight years ago, in my 30s.
2. What did you do and were you happy with the results?
- I started with microdermabrasion and IPL and were happy with both. This combination treatment made my skin glow.
3. What treatments have you done so far?
- Other than the two above, I have done Titan, Thermage, Fraxel (only eye areas), Pixel, Pigment laser (on cheeks), CO2 laser (only nasolabial fold), Radio Frequency, Botox (on my chin, forehead & brows) and Fillers.
4. Favourite treatment? Least favourite treatment? Why?
- Favourite treatment is probably IPL as I had great results. Least favourite – Pixel laser as I didn’t see any results and Botox on the chin area for face slimming. There was no different before and after the treatment.
5. Advice for women who are thinking of trying aesthetic treatments?
- Do your homework. First, identify what is your skin concern, find out what the various treatments available are, do research on reviews of these treatments then select the ideal doctor to perform the treatment.